Delivering a baby isn’t just a one-time event: it’s the culmination of the hard work of pregnancy and the beginning of the parenting journey.
Providence St. Pat’s sees you through it all.
We’re with you as you approach the big day – and with you for that singular moment when baby comes into the world. And we’re with you and your little one as you find a new rhythm together.
Preterm or full-term, we’ve got you covered
Our award-winning care means you and your baby are in good hands when it’s time to deliver. And if your little one decides to make their debut early, we’ve got you covered with our new Level II NICU. Led by neonatologist Deborah Reed-Thurston, M.D., our NICU team cares for babies born up to eight weeks premature. Our goal is to keep mom and baby together, even when things don’t go as planned.
Trusted care, and a unique birthing experience
We partner with expert providers from Western Montana Clinic to bring you the most respected, top-notch prenatal care. And unlike other hospitals in Missoula, you’ll labor, deliver and recover in one of our beautifully decorated labor, delivery, postpartum and recovery (LDRP) suites. This allows you to settle in and truly make yourself at home.
After your baby is born, you can focus on bonding and caring for your baby—as well as your own comfort and care—without having to relocate to a new room. This unique environment promotes the essential initial bonding between you and your baby while also getting personalized care from your OB-GYN, as well as breastfeeding support, if you choose.
If a cesarean delivery is needed, our dedicated C-section suite is located in the Family Maternity Center. In most cases, you and your baby will return to your room immediately after to recover and bond.
What to expect at St. Pat’s maternity center
While the health and safety of you and your baby are always our top priority, we also understand that a relaxing space is essential to a positive birth experience. For this reason, we provide the following amenities:
- Single-patient birthing suites that include a refrigerator, private bathroom and large tub
- LED candles, personal speakers (fit any device with a headphone jack), TV/DVD player and individually controlled lighting and thermostat
- Free Wi-Fi
- Sleeping sofa for your support person
- Birth support implements, such as birthing balls, peanut balls, back massagers, mirrors, squatting bar and birth stool
- A post-birth meal for mom and partner, and a celebratory basket
- Lactation specialists to assist with breastfeeding
- State-of-the-art electronic security system
- Reserved parking for mothers in labor
- Optional photos from a professional local photographer specializing in newborn photography
- Chimes played on our overhead paging system that signal the arrival of your baby
We welcome your personal written or verbalized birth plans, as well as any support you choose to have present, including birth doulas.
Take a Virtual Tour to learn more
Tour not loading? Click to open in a new browser »
Want to visit us in person?
Tours are available each Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. Sign up online or call 406-329-5348 to reserve a space or request a different day or time.