Family Maternity Center at St. Patrick Hospital
With our high-quality and award-winning care, you’ll know that both you and your baby will be in good hands when it’s time to deliver your baby at Providence St. Patrick Hospital.
Unlike other hospitals in Missoula, you’ll labor, deliver and recover in one of our beautifully-decorated Labor, Delivery, Postpartum and Recovery (LDRP) suites. This allows you to settle in and truly make yourself at home. After your baby is born, you can focus on bonding and caring for your baby—as well as your own comfort and care—without having to relocate to a new room. This unique environment promotes the essential initial bonding between you and your baby while also getting personalized care from your OB-GYN, and supports breastfeeding, if you choose.
If a cesarean delivery is required, our dedicated C-section suite is also located within the Family Maternity Center. In most cases, you and your baby will return to your room immediately after the cesarean together to recover and bond.
Family Maternity Center Tour
Tours are available each Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. Call 406-329-5300 or register online.
The Family Maternity Center Environment
While the health and safety of you and your baby are always our top priority, we also understand that a relaxing space is essential to a positive birth experience. For this reason, we provide the following amenities:
- Single-patient birthing suites
- Each suite includes a refrigerator, private bathroom and large tub
- LED candles, personal speakers (fit any device with a headphone jack), TV/DVD player and individually controlled lighting and thermostat
- Free Wi-Fi service
- Sleeping sofa for your support person
- Birth support implements, such as birthing balls, peanut balls, back massagers, mirrors, squatting bar and a birth stool
- After the birth of the baby, you and your partner will receive a meal and a celebratory basket
- Lactation specialists to assist with breast-feeding
- State-of-the-art electronic security system
- Reserved parking for mothers in labor | view map »
- Optional photos from a professional local photographer specializing in newborn photography
- And you'll hear chimes ring on the hospital overhead paging system to welcome your baby into the world!
We welcome your personal written or verbalized birth plans, as well as any support you choose to have present, including Birth Doulas.