• Print Print
  • Share
  • Text Size: A | A | A

Reporting Abuse and Sexual Assault

If you suspect child abuse, you should:

  • Call 911 for emergencies
  • Call Child and Family Services Centralized Intake at (866) 820-5437 to make a report
  • Call First Step at (406) 329-5776 to make a referral or for more information

If you are an adolescent or an adult who has been sexually assaulted, you may choose to:

  • Go to a safe place
  • Call the YWCA at (406) 542-1944 if you would like support or are unsure of what to do
  • Go to the Emergency Department or call First Step at (406) 329-5776, 24 hours a day for a medical evaluation and evidence collection; you may receive a medical evaluation and evidence at First Step without making a report to law enforcement.
  • Call 911 if you would like to speak with a representative from law enforcement; you may speak with law enforcement without making an official report.