New Graduate Nurse Residency
Providence nurses aspire to smoothly transition new graduate nurses to hospital practice by building competence, creating support systems and promoting professional practice. Open to both ASN and BSN prepared nurses, the evidence based New Graduate Nurse Residency program incorporates a six week unit orientation with trained preceptors and a year-long program of monthly classes focused on clinical topics chosen to connect new nurses to real-life clinical challenges.
- Employed at Providence St. Patrick Hospital
- Newly licensed RN within the last 12 months
- Start dates are flexible, and enrollment is open throughout the year
- Application is not required
- Nurses start the New Graduate Nurse Residency Program after being hired onto specific nursing units
Topics include emergency situations, end of life care, psychiatric nursing, diabetes management, respiratory care, neurology and neurosurgery nursing, cardiac patient care, wound care and transformational interdisciplinary work environments. Woven through each class are case studies, time management (includes prioritization), stress management and coping skills. In the program, new graduate nurses are actively involved in developing the curriculum and classes are routinely evaluated and modified based on their input and feedback.
For more information please call the Learning Center at (406) 327-1897.