New Patient Information
How Does Diagnosis and Treatment Work?
First Step: a Referral
Providence Neurology Specialists is a referral-based clinic. You need a doctor’s referral before you can schedule an appointment with us. Your doctor may call (406) 327-3350 or fax (406) 327-3355 a referral to us. Then we’ll schedule you in the next available appointment.
If you’re an existing patient of one of our new providers, you don’t need a referral. To request an appointment, call (406) 327-3350 or 1-855-PMG-TEAM; or schedule online, using your MyChart account.
Your Initial Neurology Appointment
You’re welcome to bring family members or a close friend to your appointment. It’s often helpful to have another person to take notes or help you remember details later.
Here’s what to expect at your first appointment with a Providence Neurology Specialists provider.
- We’ll ask questions about your medical history, current medications and symptoms.
- The neurologist will perform a complete exam and review your medical records and test results.
- We may order additional tests to complete the diagnosis:
Once our neurologists have made a diagnosis, we’ll offer treatment options and a personalized care plan. We’ll work closely with you, your family and your primary care provider to ensure you receive the best possible care.
Preparing for Your Visit
Please have your medical records sent to Providence Neurology Specialists in advance of your appointment.
What to Bring
- Photo ID and insurance card
- Referral from your primary care physician (if required by your insurance plan)
- Co-payment (if required by your insurance plan)
- Full list of medications with dosages (including over-the-counter supplements)
- Detailed history of symptoms and treatments (including lab and imaging reports)
- List of questions
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment so you have time to check in and fill out any necessary paperwork.