Women's Heart Health Program
Many of us are surprised to learn that one in three women will die from cardiovascular disease. Heart disease and stroke kill more women than all cancers combined, including breast cancer. It remains an underappreciated fact that more women than men die of cardiovascular disease every year.
What Is the Women's Heart Health Program?
The Women’s Heart Health Program is a comprehensive way to prevent, diagnose and treat heart disease in women. Heart disease may be especially difficult to diagnose in women as they may have different symptoms than men. This program helps women to identify and treat risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
Deb Sybrant, PA-C/Director and Mila Toole, PA-C have all have taken a special interest in women’s heart health. They guide the Women’s Heart Health Program, offering their care and expertise to patients in the program. They also educate the region about heart disease through lectures and presentations.
Who can participate?
Any woman concerned about her cardiovascular health.
What does the program involve?
- Initial nurse assessment/education (one hour)
- Appointment with medical provider to discuss assessment results and make a plan for risk reduction (one hour) total initial appointment time - two hours
- Diagnostic 12 lead EKG
- Fasting blood sugar and cholesterol panel
- Recommendation as needed for further diagnostic testing or treatment
- Access to cardiology RN/LPN via phone for support, education or question
- One month free membership to the St. Patrick Hospital Wellness Center
- At six months, follow-up appointment with medical provider (30 minute
- Periodic invitations to educational, inspirational and fun events (optional)
- At one year, final meeting with medical provider, presentation of Certificate of Participation and Women’s Heart Health Program gift
How do I get started?
Call (406) 329-5615 or Toll Free (877) 444-5615 to enroll in the Women’s Heart Health Program. Our staff will mail you a questionnaire and a coupon for your lab draw. They will schedule your first appointment and you will be on your way.