Family Maternity Center
With our high-quality and award-winning care, you’ll know that both you and your baby will be in good hands when it’s time to deliver your baby at Providence St. Patrick Hospital.
Unlike other hospitals in Missoula, you’ll labor, deliver and recover in one of our beautifully-decorated suites. If a caesarean delivery is required, our dedicated C-section suite is also located within the Family Maternity Center.
In most cases, your baby will stay with you after delivery. This unique environment promotes the essential initial bonding between you and your baby while also getting personalized care from your OB-GYN.
Family Maternity Center Amenities
- Single-patient birthing suites
- Each suite includes a private bathroom and large tub
- Sleeping sofa for your support person
- Lactation specialists to assist with breast-feeding
- State-of-the-art electronic security system
- Reserved parking for mothers in labor | view map
- Free Wi-Fi service
- Optional photos from a professional local photographer specializing in newborn photography
- And you'll hear chimes ring on the hospital overhead paging system to welcome your baby into the world!
Pain management during labor
Along with epidurals, we also offer nitrous oxide during labor. This colorless gas is inhaled via a mask, giving you a less invasive option for pain management. Unlike an epidural, nitrous oxide gives you full mobility during all stages of labor, but can also be used with an epidural, if needed. Ask your OB-GYN or midwife to learn more about nitrous oxide.
Take a Virtual Tour to Learn More
Want to see it in person? In-person tours are available each Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. Sign up online or call 406-329-5348 to reserve a space or request a different day or time.