Breast Care Coordinator
Breast Care Coordinator Julie Stephenson, RN, OCN, CBCN, is a nurse who will answer your questions about breast health and will offer breast cancer education and support to newly diagnosed patients.
The Breast Care Coordinator will work with you as your personal guide to help you navigate through your healthcare options and ensure you have all of the resources available to help you make informed decisions. The services provided by the coordinator are offered at no charge.
No matter what kind of breast care you need, you will find it at Providence. We are equipped with the latest technologies and offer a wide range of state-of-the-art screening and diagnostic capabilities.
Support and Education
The Breast Care Coordinator will:
- Work closely with you, your doctor and other members of your medical team.
- Assist with a referral to a primary care physician if needed.
- Provide answers to questions about breast health and disease.
- Provide instruction on breast self-exams.
- Assist in coordinating screening mammograms and other diagnostic tests.
- Provide education about breast cancer, diagnosis, surgery and treatment options.
- Provide emotional and educational support before, during and after a hospital inpatient stay.
- Provide access to genetic risk counseling and testing.
- Discuss opportunities to participate in research studies.
- Provide information on support groups.
Women may contact the Breast Care Coordinator themselves or be referred by any healthcare professional.