Palliative Care Services at Providence St. Patrick Hospital offers medical care focused on relief of the pain, symptoms and stress of serious illnesses like cancer, dementia, heart disease, lung disease and multiple sclerosis. Unlike hospice care, which is provided towards the last stages of life, palliative care is appropriate soon after a diagnosis and throughout treatment.
The palliative care team can:
- Treat your pain and symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, depression and anxiety
- Help you maintain the most comfortable, independent and active life possible
- Provide answers, assistance and emotional support to you and your family when making difficult medical decisions
- Help coordinate care and treatment with your doctors
- Identify support services to help you during and after your hospital stay
We’re also available to assist with advance care planning to ensure that your care continues in the event that you’re unable to communicate your wishes directly to your health care providers.
Watch a video to learn more