In the Special Procedures/Angiography suite at St. Patrick Hospital, physicians study all of the arteries and veins of the body (other than those of the heart). In this specially equipped radiology and surgery suite, we:
- Perform angioplasty (a balloon expansion of arteries and veins).
- Place stents using a wire mesh tube to prop open an artery that has been cleared using angioplasty.
- Declot blood vessels.
- Place PICC lines (special IVs that are kept in place to administer long term medication and nutrients).
- Perform facet injections (injections of both a long-lasting steroid and an anesthetic into a specific facet joint of the spine).
- Perform discograms (x-ray examinations of the intervertebral discs).