Environmental Stewardship Guiding Principles St. Patrick Hospital Adopted January 21, 2008
We recognize the vulnerability of the Earth and the relationship between the health of those seeking care from us and the well-being of the planet.
Underlying our core values is an understanding of the interdependence and sacredness of all living things.
We strive to act as responsible and just stewards by making choices that honor our relationship with the Earth.
The defining actions of this commitment are to:
- Reduce landfill waste
- Reduce waste and process toxicity
- Use sustainable facility design
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Support ecologically sound food systems
- Continue to learn and to expand efforts
We will proactively and consistently consider:
- How to optimize patient and employee safety while minimizing environmental impacts
- How the use and disposal of goods and services impacts our environment and our health
- How to protect the planet while working to heal those who seek our care.