What to Bring
We recommend packing a few bags for the hospital, one bag for items you and your partner will need during birth and a second bag for what you and your baby will need for going home. Consider packing your bags when you are eight months pregnant since you could go into labor at anytime.
What to Pack for Mom
- Eyeglasses if needed (you may not want to deal with contacts while in the hospital)
- Phone list of family members and friends
- Chap stick or lip balm
- Digital camera, camera and film and/or video camera
- Small spa or inflatable pillow to use in the bathtub
- Maternity clothes for going home in
- Nursing bra (optional) and maternity undergarments
- Personal grooming items such as an electric hair dryer, toothbrushes and toothpaste for you and your partner
- Items to be used as focal point during labor, such as images or music
- Bathrobe, nightgown, socks and slippers.
Hospital gown will be provided, but you may want to wear your own clothing after birth.
What to Pack for Baby
- Booties and hat
- Bunting or heavy blanket
- Approved car seat and base. Be sure to practice installing the seat in your car ahead of time.
- Clothing for taking baby home, such as a gown or stretch suit
- If formula feeding, make sure to have formula at home
- Two or more receiving blankets
- Undershirt or onesie
Diapers will be provided at the hospital so keep your supply at home.