Our Mission, Vision and Values
As People of Providence, we reveal God’s love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Together, as people of Providence, we answer the call of every person we serve: “Know me, care for me, ease my way.”
Our Core Values
All people have been created in the image of God. Genesis 1:27
- We welcome the uniqueness and honor the dignity of every person.
- We communicate openly and we act with integrity.
- We develop the talents and abilities of one another.
Jesus taught and healed with compassion for all. Matthew 4:24
- We reach out to people in need and give comfort as Jesus did.
- We nurture the spiritual, physical and emotional well-being of one another and those we serve.
- We embrace those who are suffering.
This is what the Lord requires of you: act with justice, love with kindness and walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8
- We believe everyone has a right to the basic goods of the earth.
- We strive to remove the causes of oppression.
- We join with others to work for the common good and to advocate for social justice.
Much will be expected of those who are entrusted with much. Luke 12:48
- We set the highest standards for ourselves and for our ministry.
- We strive to transform conditions for a better tomorrow while serving the needs of today.
- We celebrate and encourage the contributions of one another.
The earth is the Lord’s and all that is in it. Psalm 24:1
- We believe that everything entrusted to us is for the common good.
- We strive to care wisely for our people, our resources and our earth.
- We seek simplicity in our lives and in our work.