For people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
Classes meet each Tuesday, 12-2 p.m. | Pre-registration is required
Call 406-329-5781 for more information and to register.
Discounts to St. Patrick Hospital Fitness Center are available to participants.
Type 1 diabetes
Consists of a minimum of four individual sessions with a Certified Diabetes Educator. Patients and family members will gain skills to count carbohydrates, use a glucometer and deliver insulin using correct techniques. Also covered:
- What causes diabetes
- When and how to take insulin
- How to safely make insulin adjustments
- Options for insulin delivery (such as insulin pumps)
- Blood glucose monitoring
If you wish, we can also address how to adjust insulin for exercise, coping strategies for the day to day management of diabetes, and prevention of complications.
Type 2 diabetes
Consists of four visits; one is the “Dish on Diabetes” group class for people living with Type 2, plus three individual sessions with a Certified Diabetes Educator.
- “Dish on Diabetes” - a two hour class (see below for more information)
- At least three hours of individual follow-up within the calendar year to provide further education and help you manage your diabetes effectively.
“Dish on Diabetes” is a group class for people newly diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, and those who simply need to regain control on how to manage their diabetes. Our expert instructions will show you how to control diabetes through nutrition, exercise and blood glucose monitoring.
- Meal planning
- Self-monitoring of blood sugars
Meter provided for those in need
Identify target blood sugars and how to achieve them
- Impact of exercise and how you can make it work for you
- Preventing complications of diabetes
- Debunking diabetes myths
Medicare Part B, Medicaid, Providence Health Plan and many commercial insurance plans provide coverage. Check with your insurance company for details. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
December 06, 2016 Tuesday
Providence Endocrinology Diabetes and Nutrition Center
900 N Orange St.
Missoula, MT 59802
Classes meet every Tuesday in Suite 203A