Montanans Helping Montanans
Most people donate to the Providence Montana Health Foundation because they want to support the services and patient care provided at St. Patrick Hospital and St. Joseph Medical Center. More hospital funding means better health services and for a non-profit hospital like St. Pat's and St. Joe's, the support from the Foundation is critical.
The focus of the Foundation is in-line with the Providence Mission: to reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service. The Providence Montana Health Foundation supports the hospitals in many ways, but it is a separate organization with a specific focus: to provide resources for St. Patrick Hospital and St. Joseph Medical Center including charity health care for patients, new equipment, programs and services.
Through fundraising efforts and supporting health education programs, the Providence Montana Health Foundation helps make world-class health care available to all patients in Western Montana. The Foundation supports our region in the following ways:
- Raising funds to support St. Patrick Hospital and St. Joseph Medical Center services, including the Level II Trauma Center, the International Heart Institute and the Montana Cancer Center
- Organizing events such as Team Up Montana to raise cancer awareness in Montana, the Employee Golf Tournament to raise money for the Employee Compassion Fund and Zootown Idol to raise money for the First Step Program
- Ease the way of patients' and families' through their health care experiences—whether needing to stay at St. Patrick House while a loved one is in the hospital or additional assistance covering medical expenses, the Foundation is a stable resource for Montanans in need
Why is the Foundation so important?
18 percent of Montanans are uninsured and need health care. Even when someone does have health insurance, hospitals often receive less reimbursement than what it costs to provide the service. At the same time, the costs of labor, medications and technology are increasing. The Providence Montana Health Foundation raises money to offset these costs in several different ways, including:
- Major gifts
- Large or small one-time donations from individual donors
- Special events, such as the annual golf tournament, Team Up Montana and Zootown Idol
- Annual campaigns for specific health services
- Capital campaigns for building upgrades and new technology
- Planned giving
You decide where the money goes
Providence Montana Health Foundation will never use donations for administrative purposes. All funds stay in Montana to help patients and programs within our area. So you get to decide where 100% of your donation will go. Make a donation online or call us at (406) 329-5640.
Mission and Vision of Our Foundation
Providence Montana Health Foundation, in support of the hospitals' mission, engages and stewards philanthropy, services and programs, ensuring continuous health care excellence in the region we serve.
* State Health Facts - Montana