By becoming a member, I understand that:
- I must maintain enrollment in an insurance plan or Medicare. I understand that Medicaid clients are not eligible per Medicaid rules.
- Life Flight Membership is not an insurance or investment program and has no guaranteed benefit. The purpose of membership is to support non-profit St. Patrick Hospital Foundation programs.
- The membership benefits are for myself, my spouse/ domestic partner, and any unmarried dependent claimed on my income tax return and listed on the enrollment form.
- The benefits of membership cover air ambulance and ground ambulance charges for medically necessary services for our affiliates only.
- Medical necessity can only be determined by a physician or emergency personnel.
- Reciprocity among member programs is subject to the reciprocating program’s rules.
- Both ground and air emergency medical transports are based on medical need, not membership status. Not every illness or injury requires air transport. Patients will be transported to the closest, medically appropriate facility as determined by a physician or emergency personnel.
- New member enrollment and benefits take effect two weeks after receipt of a completed enrollment form with payment, and continue for one year thereafter, unless you have selected a Lifetime or Vacation membership.
- I transfer directly to St. Patrick Hospital my rights to air medical insurance payments due me. Such payments shall not exceed Life Flight’s regular charges.
- The Life Flight Membership benefit is secondary to all other insurance payments.
- While every reasonable effort will be made, service cannot always be guaranteed due to weather conditions or commitment to another transport.
- Memberships are non-refundable, non-transferable, and may not be assigned to other individuals.
- Proof of membership is not required at the time of transport.